Github user HeartSaVioR commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/pull/575#issuecomment-167717439

    @Leemoonsoo
    I've addressed it from
https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/pull/576#issuecomment-167691292

    If TTransport.isOpen() is similar to Socket's behavior, TTransport.isOpen()
can't ensure that connection is still valid. We need to ping to remote to make
it clear that connection is valid.

    Also, we should take care of setting of GenericObjectPoolConfig.
    There're some validation modes which are testOnBorrow, testOnReturn,
testWhenIdle.
    If we want to replace current PR, at least we should use testOnReturn.
    Safest way is testOnBorrow, since idle connection could be disconnected for
some reasons. (I mean pooled object can be invalidated)

    Would it better to apply "ping" to this PR and apply validation modes?
    (Actually I think new approach should be fine since JedisPool - I'm a
collaborator of Jedis project - works like charm.)

---
with INFRA.
---