Hi,

You can configure zeppelin and idea for remote debugging as following.

   1. In zeppelin-env.sh,
   uncomment or add this line.
   *export ZEPPELIN_MEM="-Xdebug -Xnoagent
   -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005"*
   2. Create a new remote debug configuration and add above address 5005 or
   whatever you put there as the port address.
   3. Start the zeppelin server.
   4. Start remote debugging in idea.
   5. Then Zeppelin will start in remote debugging mode.

Regards
Minudika