This is a follow-up of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-682

During Apache Big Data / ApacheCon I briefly discussed with Alexander
Bezzubov
(if I remember well) about an initial plan to support Apache Beam in three
phases:

1. support the scala sdk (scio) + scala runners (spark):

This is first since most of the pieces exist already, we just need to put
the
things together.

2. integrate the java sdk

The big issue here is that there is not (yet) a decent java repl tool, and
the
support of such repl in Zeppelin is an ongoing work.

3. integrate the python sdk

This one depends on the release of the python sdk in the upcoming weeks,
and its
priority can change if integration is easier than the other two tasks.

Additionally I created a new issue in the Beam JIRA to follow track of the
needs
from the Beam side.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-290

Of course this message is a call to other interested parties to contribute,
e.g.
to prioritize some tasks, test code, etc. I can co-mentor some people and
eventually with tasks from the Beam side. So I hope to hear from you and
start
contributing soon.

Ismaël Mejía