i would really like to get 3.3.3 out because of the fixes that just went in.

there are quite a few bugs that are marked for 3.3.3, but i think they can all be pushed to 3.4.0.

i would really like to push everything to 3.4.0 and then work on getting the 3.4.0 release out. we haven't done a release from trunk in a while, but that is the only code that gets tested by hadoopqa. i think it is a bad idea to be releasing from branches that are not regularly tested.

going forward doesn't it seem like a better idea to only do a release from just a branch if it is something that pops up quickly right after a release. otherwise, we should be releasing from trunk and possibly doing a simultaneous release from a branch.

ben