> the compile warnings are a known issue (not something that should
> block the release IMO), see this jira I filed:
That only refers to the proprietary sun apis. Is there a JIRA that covers the
use of Zookeeper's own deprecated classes also?

> The test failure on macos is unfortunate, but give it's not a
> "production" platform I don't think it should be considered a blocker
> (although I may not be in the majority here...)
> http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.3.3/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_systemReq
Sure, I've just tested on a linux box and it doesn't seem to happen.

I've also just notices that this actual tarball isn't actually gzipped.

$ file zookeeper-3.4.0.tar.gz
zookeeper-3.4.0.tar.gz: POSIX tar archive

-Ivan