On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 2:27 PM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am not talking about a sub-project.  I am talking about us just starting
> a recipes deliverable right now and start accepting contributions (notably
> Curator).  As people make significant and continued contributions, we could
> make them ZK committers.  This gives a ready made community, expertise with
> release processes and so on with less effort than a full-scale incubation
> process.

Hi Ted. Sounds reasonable and maybe that's the way to go based on
Jordan's feedback. What I'm concerned about is that we could
negatively impact ZK development where we have very limited resources
as it is. My initial thought was to instead allow a core community to
form around Curator in the incubator, and then pull back into ZK in
whichever way makes most sense (separate artifact or sub, either is
fine w/me) once that happens. We would eventually have two ZK release
artifacts in this way, while still allowing Curator to initially
mature under the guidance of the incubator.

However I could see us go any of these ways, these are just
suggestions based on my personal experience. As you mention later in
the thread it would be good to see what others think.

Patrick