On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Camille Fournier <cami...@apache.org> wrote:
> I think it can be done. Looking through the code, it seems like it should
> be safe modulo some stats that are set in the FinalRequestProcessor that
> may be less useful.

Turning around HBs at the head end of the server is a bad idea. If the
server can't support the timeout you requested then you are setting
yourself up for trouble if you try to fake it. (think through some of
the failure cases...)

This is not something you want to do. Rather first look at some of the
more obvious issues such as GC, then disk (I've seen ppl go to
ramdisks in some cases), then OS/net tuning etc....

Patrick