Hi Michi,

> Otherwise the client
> might think the session is expired when it isn't. In case of the
> single-threaded client, it looks like you need to keep calling
> zookeeper_interest() until select() succeeds.

What happens if the server is offline? In the scenario you described, select()
will never succeed, and zookeeper_interest() will never inform the upstream
consumer that the server is down. That's the crux of the problem here, when the
server is unavailable, the client needs to know after some amount of time that
the connection has failed. Otherwise the upstream consumer has no idea the
connection to zookeeper has been severed and will hang indefinitely.

> Zookeeper client shouldn't return ZOO_EXPIRED_SESSION_STATE unless the
> server tells the client the session is expired.

That's fair, I could return ZOO_CONNECTION_LOSS here instead.