Hi,
I am currently working on ZOOKEEPER-1383. One of the main feature introduced in
this change is to allow ZooKeeper to enforce hard limit (e.g.  Txn per sec) per
folder .

With hard limit, we need to introduce a new exception/error code
(QuotaExceeded) for ZooKeeper operations that modify the DataTree.  If a client
get this error, it means that the particular operation is definitely failed.

>From our internal discussion, this may make it harder for a user to write an
>application.  The thought is that this can possibly introduce a hole in
>sequence of operations that the client application performs, since some
>operation may success but some may be not.  One of the idea is to also
>trigger session expire (or at least trigger disconnect) on the server-side in
>addition to QuotaExceed error.  This will cause all subsequent operations from
>that client to fail and allow the application to use existing error handling
>logic to recover from QuotaExceed.  Typically, the application that exceeded
>the quota is already doing something wrong from administrator's perspective,
>but we also want to fail gracefully and able to recover when the problem is
>fixed or quota is increased.

Let me know if you have any suggestion.

--
Thawan Kooburat