Hi all,

I have been working on Netty + SSL and one of the changes I do is change
outgoingQueue to be LinkedBlockingDeque, which requires JDK 6.

As Flavio (fpj) and Patrick (phunt) suggested, there are JIRAs discussing
JDK7: ZOOKEEPER-2046, ZOOKEEPER-1963. It seems many people are interested
in an upgrade to JDK 7.

As we know, JDK 6 stops public updates. Making JDK 7 the minimum of
ZooKeeper going forward will drive us up-to-date and less work on
supporting older versions of JDK.

I am raising this topic here to gather public responses. The question is
simple: should we make JDK 7 the minimum support version? Your advice,
ideas, suggestions are highly welcome and appreciated!

--
*- Hongchao Deng*
*Software Engineer*