Thanks, Jordan. Given that this is in the context of containers, after a
discussion offline with Ben, we were wondering what we would need to do to
implement barriers with containers.

A couple of issues we see are that:

- The container manager could potentially end up deleting a container even
before all nodes have joined the barrier by creating a child.
- We depend on the container manager to delete the container, and it might be
better for barriers to enable it to be deleted explicitly upon the last node
crossing the barrier (deleting the last child).

Any thoughts here?

-Flavio