Thanks Flavio for taking the discussion ahead. Thanks Michael for pointing
out these cases.

>>> Looking at release notes:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?p
rojectId=12310801&version=12334700

>>>   - [ZOOKEEPER-2396 <https://issues.apache.org/jir
a/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2396>]
>>>   - Login object in ZooKeeperSaslClient is static
>>>
>>>          There is no bits related to this JIRA went to 3.4.9. Maybe
there
>>> was a mistake on marking the target version as 3.4.9? Should we keep
this
>>> in relesae note or remove it?

>It is resolved through a different issue, ZK-2139. I can go either,
including or excluding it.

I would wait to see others response.

>>>   - [ZOOKEEPER-1676 <https://issues.apache.org/jir
a/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1676>]
>>>   - C client zookeeper_interest returning ZOK on Connection Loss
>>>
>>>          There is no bits related to this JIRA went to 3.4.9 either, as
>>> this is closed as 'not a bug'. I'd expect such not a bug issue be
excluded
>>> in release notes, as it does not provide any useful information, though
>>> am not sure what's the standard practice in previous releases.

>Agreed, better not to include if we classified as not a problem.

I could see 'HowToRelease' page has specifically mentioned the excluded
categories as "Won' fix" and "Invalid" jira resolution. ZOOKEEPER-1676
comes under 'Not A Problem' category. Perhaps we could revisit the
classifications and consider more cases like, Not a problem, Cannot
Reproduce, Not A Bug etc, if everyone thinks so. But I'm not sure how
updating the excluded category might reflect in our previously released
versions.

Reference:-
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/HowToRelease page,
"Note that you need to exclude the won't fix or invalid tickets."

Thanks,
Rakesh