Hello there,
We have been extensively testing Netty connection versus NIIO and there are
some issues that show up I wanted to get community response on.
In the process of testing https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2509
fix we identified that sendResponse() method may try to do some operations
after close() was invoked - as channel.close() in Netty is asynch. and
subsequently lead to some NPE.
NPE itself is not a good thing but the problems aggravates with the fact that
propagation of NPE will lead to main processing thread exiting and at that
point ZK server becomes unresponsive - since no requests will be processed
anymore.
In NIOServerCnxn.java in sendResponse() it is catching Exception and just logs
a warning  which was added as part of
I am trying to understand what a behavior should be in case of any exception in
sendResponse.
Any insight would be highly appreciated
Thanks,Yuliya