Github user Randgalt commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/136

    Per 1. I posted some performance numbers in the issue. There's a definite
hit but it's worth it in my view. We should discuss this.

    Per 2. What this PR is aimed at is users of Curator's TreeCache - one of
the most widely used "recipes" in the library. Many users want to know
everything that happens to a tree of ZNodes. With the current APIs this is
extraordinarily difficult (thus the complexity of the TreeCache code) and
inefficient. You must set 2 watches for every single node in the tree (data and
children) and then work very hard to keep those watches set as they trigger,
through network issues, etc.

    Per 3. This PR does not guarantee that you will see all events. I'll double
check the doc to make sure that that's clear. These watches behave exactly as
other watches in ZK other than they don't remove themselves when triggered.

---
with INFRA.
---