Github user skamille commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/307

    I appreciate the work that you are trying to do here, and this still feels
like an incomplete approach to a problem that would be worth investing further
into. It seems like we all agree that it would be good to have clearer metrics
about the performance behavior of the internals of the system. This implements
some basic infrastructure for a metric recording framework, coupled to the
recording of one metric. Can we at least make it so that the process of "push a
metric to a buffer, have a thread that wakes up periodically and flushes
information out of that buffer" is usable by multiple parts of the system,
instead of coupling it to the one metric of request time?

---