Firstly, I apologise for the cross post, but I think this is a question
which may need to be seen by both users, and devs who understand the
underlying code.

I need to deploy Zookeeper to a firewall restricted cloud-foundry cloud,
where the only communication can happen between nodes is through HTTP,
so I am looking at ways of getting ZooKeeper communicating through HTTP
tunnelling.

As far as I can determine, ZooKeeper only allows the configuring of the
main client connection via server and client connection factories, but
not for the 2888 and 3888 connectivity, which is I think ((correct me if
wrong)) node to node communication on the first one, and leader election
on the second?

Does Zookeeper's connection handling give me any ability to intercept and
wrap the connections used for the rest of these ports? (Netty Http Tunnel).

I am willing to contribute to the source to get this functionality if required
as this is currently our only way of getting Zookeeper on our cloud.

thanks

Chris