Github user hanm commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/605

    >> since it's actually 'hiding' the flaky tests

    This is my main concern. If we do this to all test cases, it's very likely
there will be no follow ups or investigations on the flaky tests ever (it's
just like a "TODO" in code that will never be done). Keep these flaky tests
visible will remind us there are issues and keep a high bar for overall
quality, as we've seen previously lots of flaky tests were caused by actual
bugs.

    So I am leaning towards not introducing `junit.RetryRule` to the tests, at
least, not to all tests (there might be exception case. for example, if there
is a test we don't know how to fix, and community think it's fine to silent it
after evaluating the impact of the test).

---