>Without a snapshot, we cannot delete the log files, as we would have no
>means of recovery. txn logs applied to the snapshot gives us back the
>state. Without snapshot, all txn logs needs to be "replayed" in a recovery.
>And you need all the log files created since your last snapshot (in this
>case, all the txn logs as there were no snapshots yet).

Makes sense.

In the heaviest environment I'm hitting around 200 requests per second,
which all have to get data from zookeeper. Not sure what the impact is in
terms of snapCount, I didn't set up the system myself and don't fully grasp
the internals.

As for the snapCount, that hasn't been touched, so that will be the default
in my environments.
I've read that the log files are preallocated. I see them as being 65MB a
piece.

Which makes me wonder: how many of those until the process hits 100000
snaps?

auto-cleaning is setup, retainCount=3, purgeInterval=1

Restarting the zookeeper process shouldn't affect this count, I think? It
doesn't happen often, though it might on test environments.