Hi Sankalp,

I think it really depends on your security policies. I don't consider the
use of client.portUnification to be 'bad' or 'unsecure' in itself.
Especially, if you can make sure in your cluster that all sensitive data is
protected with ACLs and modified / listed using TLS.

But still the most secure is to use TLS-only connections. In our case we
found it tricky to configure all the clients to connect to ZooKeeper using
TLS, so we are following a step-by-step approach to migrate all our clients
to TLS. But instead of using client.portUnification, we decided to maintain
two separate ports in our configs. I don't exactly remember our reasoning,
but e.g for me it seems to be easier to debug connection issues. (so if the
client is able to connect to the secure-only port, then you can make sure
TLS is really used - and you don't have a false sense of security)

Cheers,
Mate