On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 5:19 AM Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Patrick,
>
> Il giorno gio 3 set 2020 alle ore 08:48 Enrico Olivelli <
> eolive...@gmail.com>
> ha scritto:
>

> > Il giorno mer 2 set 2020 alle ore 22:03 Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
> > ha scritto:
> >
> >> I'm also noticing a very long lag when using the cli. I tried with both
> >> java8 and java11 and in both cases the cli is very laggy - even for
> basic
> >> stuff like typing a command (not running the command) the echo back of
> >> each
> >> key typed is incurring significant lag. I have not noticed this before -
> >> likely resulting from the change to jline?
> >>

> > Yet is it possible, let me debug this issue, I didn't notice it.
> > Probably there is some "flush" to be called
> >

> I am not experiencing this problem, I am on Mac, tested on branch-3.6 and
> current master
>
> Do you have any another clue ?

Interesting. I tried with the bin artifact for this rc and
zoo_sample.cfg/zkServer/zkCli and it reproduces. I can type "ls /" in the
cli before it starts echoing back the command to the command line for me to
see. I then pulled the bin from 3.5.8 (jline 1.11) and it reproduces the
issue as well. I pulled/built 3.4.14 (jline 0.9.94) and that one is fine,
no issue. It's odd that I never noticed it before though. I'm on java11 on
a mac also. If no one but me is seeing it then perhaps we should keep an
eye on it but not block the release.

Patrick