+1 (non-binding)

-Verified signature and checksum of release artifacts. all ok
-Run Junit test cases with jdk1.8.0_232 on Ubuntu 20.04, total 3137 test cases,
3 skipped, rest all passed
-Done basic quality checks. run rat, checkstyle, spotbugs
-Built tarball from source code, Verified it is same as the downloaded tarball
-Installed 3 node cluster and verified basic functionalities from API, executed
few cli commands. No issues observed
-Connected HBase, HDFS and Yarn clusters (all using zk 3.5.6) to ZooKeeper
3.6.3 cluster, no issues observed.

Though as a release manager my +1 vote is implicit, voting again to share few
commands  I used to verify the release.

Here are some of the commands I executed while verifying the release.

Download all the required artifacts
wget
https://people.apache.org/~arshad/zookeeper-3.6.3-candidate-1/apache-zookeeper-3.6.3-bin.tar.gz
wget
https://people.apache.org/~arshad/zookeeper-3.6.3-candidate-1/apache-zookeeper-3.6.3-bin.tar.gz.asc
wget
https://people.apache.org/~arshad/zookeeper-3.6.3-candidate-1/apache-zookeeper-3.6.3-bin.tar.gz.sha512

wget
https://people.apache.org/~arshad/zookeeper-3.6.3-candidate-1/apache-zookeeper-3.6.3.tar.gz
wget
https://people.apache.org/~arshad/zookeeper-3.6.3-candidate-1/apache-zookeeper-3.6.3.tar.gz.asc
wget
https://people.apache.org/~arshad/zookeeper-3.6.3-candidate-1/apache-zookeeper-3.6.3.tar.gz.sha512

wget https://www.apache.org/dist/zookeeper/KEYS

Verify Signature
gpg --import KEYS
gpg --verify apache-zookeeper-3.6.3-bin.tar.gz.asc
apache-zookeeper-3.6.3-bin.tar.gz
gpg --verify apache-zookeeper-3.6.3.tar.gz.asc apache-zookeeper-3.6.3.tar.gz
gpg --fingerprint 68E327C1

Verify Checksum
sha512sum --check apache-zookeeper-3.6.3-bin.tar.gz.sha512
sha512sum --check apache-zookeeper-3.6.3-bin.tar.gz.sha512

Verify license header by executing Apache RAT
tar -xvf apache-zookeeper-3.6.3.tar.gz
cd apache-zookeeper-3.6.3
mvn clean apache-rat:check -DskipTests

Perform quality checks, run checkstyle, spotbugs and unit tests
mvn clean install checkstyle:check spotbugs:check -DskipTests
mvn clean test -Dsurefire.rerunFailingTestsCount=2 -DtestFailureIgnore=true
-Dmaven.test.failure.ignore=true -Dmaven.test.error.ignore=true
NOTE: use -Pfull-build to include ci tests as well

Build and Cluster Install
Built the tarball from source code and compare that it is same as the
downloaded tarball. Apart from timestamp changes, no other changes are observed
mvn clean install -DskipTests
Installed the downloaded bin tarball and do some feature sanity tests

Thanks & Regards
Arshad