Hi,

I would like to reach out to the community to see if anyone has some
insights or experience with the performance impact of enabling prometheus
metrics.

I have done load comparison tests for Prometheus enabled vs disabled and
found the performance is reduced about 40%-60% for both read and write
oeprations (i.e. getData, getChildren and createNode).

The load test was done with Zookeeper 3.7, cluster size of 5 participants
and 5 observers, each ZK server has 10G heap size and 4 cpu, 500 concurrent
users sending requests.

The performance impact is quite significant.  I wonder if this is expected
and what are things we can do to have ZK performing the same while
leveraging the new feature of Prometheus metric.

Best,

Li