FWIW, I think it's a waste of time to cancel the vote on the basis of a
known false positive... you can just ignore the false positive and +1 a
vote anyway. I don't see this as "pushing it downstream" onto users. Users
are likely to not run the CVE check, because it's only useful at a point in
time. But, if they do, it's only ever useful at a specific point in time.
If users run it in the future, they could have any amount of false or true
positives.

Worst case scenario: mention the false positive in the release notes.