On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 3:26 AM JC Lopez <j...@lightbitslabs.com> wrote:

> Hi Nir,
>
> Tried to do this but somehow the UI does not let me drag the network anywhere
> in the window.
>
> Just in case I tried with both the host in maintenance mode and not in
> maintenance mode. Tried drag and drop on any area of the dialog box I could
> think off without success
>
> Tried with 3 different browsers to rule out browser incompatibility
> - Safari
> - Chrome
> - Firefox
>

> So NO idea why no network interfaces are detected on this node. FYI my CPU
> model is a Broadwell one.
>
> Best regards
> JC
> Initial window sees no network interface
> Clicking on setup network does not have any interface to which I can assign
> the ovirtmgmt network

I did a clean engine and host installation, and reproduced the same
issue you had.

1. Host is stuck in "Connecting state"
2. Host warning about:
   - no default route
   - incompatible cpu - missing cpu flags
3. No network interfaces

See attached screenshots.

In my setup, the issue was broken /etc/hosts file in engine host.
Before I started, I had a working engine (built few weeks ago) with
/etc/hosts file with all the oVirt hosts in my environment.

After running engine-cleanup and engine-setup, and removing fighting
with snsible versions (updating ansible removed ovirt-engine, updating
ovirt-engine requires using --nobest), my /etc/hosts was replaced with
default file with the defaults localhost entries.

After adding back my hosts to /etc/hosts, adding a new fresh
Centos Stream 8 hosts was successful.

Please check if you access the host from engine host using the DNS
name used in engine UI, or the IP address.

I think we need an engine bug for this - when the host is not reachable from
engine adding a host should fail fast with a clear message about an unreachable
host, instead of the bogus errors about default route and incompatible CPU.

Nir