= Proposed System Wide Change: No More Alphas =
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/NoMoreAlpha

Change owner(s):
* Dennis Gilmore <dennis AT ausil DOT us>
* Adam Williamson <awilliam AT redhat DOT com>

Fedora will no longer produce Alpha releases.

== Detailed Description ==
By gating Rawhide builds from landing in the compose and gating the
publication of composes on automated test results we will ensure
Rawhide will always be at Alpha quality. This will make it more
generally useful to people as a daily driver and development platform,
and mean we no longer need to go through the process of building,
testing and shipping Alpha releases. The initial testing will be
ensuring that a package is installable and that it does not break
existing packages installation. Over time we can enable extra testing
to gate the build going into rawhide. Builds will land in the
buildroot to be built against before they make it to the compose.

== Scope ==
* Proposal owners:
rearrange the koji tag and target structure, have the testing in
place, setup processes to move builds in koji when they meet gating
criteria. The changes would start to be implemented in rawhide shortly
after branching Fedora 26

* Other developers:
Pay attention to new notifications and act when necessary

* Release engineering:
https://pagure.io/releng/issue/6621

* List of deliverables:
This change removes a milestone and all associated deliverables

* Policies and guidelines:
As there is no more Alpha we will need to update the guidelines to
have changes be completed for Beta. We will likely want to add a new
checkpoint for change implementation that currently needs to be
checked at Alpha

* Trademark approval:
N/A (not needed for this Change)
--