https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Pyramid2.0

This document represents a proposed Change. As part of the Changes
process, proposals are publicly announced in order to receive
community feedback. This proposal will only be implemented if approved
by the Fedora Engineering Steering Committee.

== Summary ==
Update Pyramid (package `python-pyramid` within Fedora) to latest major version.

== Owner ==
* Name: [[User:mattia| Mattia Verga]]
* Email: mattia.ve...@fedoraproject.org

== Detailed Description ==
Pyramid 2.0 has been available since March 2021. We would like to
update Fedora package (`python-pyramid`) to this new major version
(we're now still shipping 1.10.5).

== Feedback ==

== Benefit to Fedora ==
Provide the latest available version of Pyramid framework instead of
the outdated one we're shipping.

== Scope ==
* Proposal owners:
Pyramid will be rebuilt to 2.0 in a side-tag together with dependent packages.

Affected packages are owned by nirik and abompard and usually
co-maintained by infra-sig. I will contact them and offer me to
rebuild/upgrade affected packages.

Note that rebuilding dependencies is not strictly necessary, but I'll
do to ensure compatibility with Pyramid 2.0.

About bodhi-server, we've been always running tests against pypi
packages, so I do not expect anything to be broken by the update.

* Other developers:
* Release engineering:
* Policies and guidelines: N/A (not needed for this Change)
* Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
* Alignment with Objectives:

== Upgrade/compatibility impact ==

== How To Test ==
A COPR repository has been set up to rebuild all dependencies:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/mattia/Pyramid2/

== User Experience ==
This will not impact end user experience.

== Dependencies ==
* bodhi-server
* python-cornice
* python-pyramid-fas-openid
* python-pyramid-mako <-- needs to be updated to the latest git snapshot
* python-pyramid-tm
* python-pyramid_sawing

== Contingency Plan ==
* Contingency mechanism: (What to do?  Who will do it?) N/A (not a
System Wide Change)
* Contingency deadline: N/A (not a System Wide Change)

== Documentation ==
N/A (not a System Wide Change)

== Release Notes ==

--