Am 19.02.2012 um 17:23 schrieb Evan Schoenberg, M.D.:

> Looking back over this, I am fine with Bogdan's set overall with a few
> notable exceptions:

Yay! To be honest I'd have preferred any of the three sets instead of the
current mix.

>  - I dislike using generic people icons instead of the Adiumy outline.  The
> two are equally understandable; the Adiumy outline is Adium personality.

I agree on the premise of keeping Adium's distinct personality and the duck
definitely is an essential part of that.

However, in the case of the particular four icons involving a contact
(AddContact.png, block.png, unblock.png, pref-accounts.png) I am in favour of
using Bogdan's icons. Two reasons:
1. I don't like the idea of a duck representing a person.
2. Of the four icons, only two currently have the duck (AddContact.png) whereas
the other two involve a chat bubble so that's not great with regards to
consistency.

I can ask Bogdan whether he can come up renditions with the Adiumy outline if
that is preferred regardless.

>  - I like George's Advanced Prefs icon a lot better for larger display in the
> main preferences

My thoughts:
- Bogdan's icon is generic (boring?) but consistent with "Advanced" settings in
other (Apple and non-Apple) apps in OS X.
- The old set's icon has the witty touch of the Einstein formula but George's
looks sharper. Both do not really blend well with the other icons from Bogdan's
set.

>  - I would prefer if pref-personal used an Adiumy outline for consistency

Again, I don't like the idea of a duck representing a person. It also doesn't
match the other icons from Bogdan's set.

>  - The drawing style on pref-defaultclient for Adiumy isn't consistent with
> his appearance elsewhere

Yeah, that's bad indeed. I will ask Bogdan to fix that up.

> I never saw Paul's detailed email. :\
>
> <snip quote from Paul's email>
>
> I note that the Events section on the voting page is showing them larger than
> they currently appear in Adium, making pixellation worse.  Paul's comparison
> (http://cl.ly/4t6t) is more useful.  I think they are a small step forward.

I'd keep the old DockAlert.png until Bogdan fixes Adiumy in his icon. I also
prefer the old set's old-school microphone (AnnouncerAlert.png). Otherwise, I
think we should go with Bogdan's for SoundAlert.png and WindowAlert.png.

My plan now would be to commit Bogdan's icons except
- DockAlert.png
- AnnouncerAlert.png
- linkToolbar.png (maybe we should go with the old chain for now)

and ask him to make the appropriate changes to these of his icons:
- pref-defaultclient.png
- DockAlert.png
- ErrorAlert.png
- AnnouncerAlert.png