On 2019-04-10 09:41:43, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 at 01:41, Jordan Justen <jordan.l.jus...@intel.com> wrote:
> >
> > https://github.com/jljusten/edk2.git temp-ram-support-v2
> >
> > https://github.com/jljusten/edk2/commits/temp-ram-support-v2
> >
> > v2:
> >  * Add AARCH64 and ARM assembly
>
> Hi Jordan,
>
> I'm not sure I'm following the reasoning behind this.

Did you see the explanation in patch 1 commit message? Could you reply
there with questions, or maybe I should try to expand on that?

> Does this fix an issue we currently have on ARM systems?

Yes, but I don't know of a case where it has been observed on
AARCH64/ARM. Nevertheless, as far as I can tell, a similar issue could
happen because the current implementation relies on non-spec'd
behavior of code gen within a C function. (Not the C calling
convention, but what code does with inside the function between
calls.)

> And how did you build and/or test OVMF for ARM?

I built ArmVirtPkg for AARCH64 and ARM on x86_64 Linux with a
cross-compiler, and ran it with qemu.

-Jordan