[replying to devel@]

On 2019-06-10 12:47, Stephano Cetola wrote:

> Documentation
> -------------
> Rebecca is hosting the Doxygen docs from packages on her server, and
> it is probably better if we use a cloud service to host these, or
> better yet, our current gitbooks system. However, there is a small
> issue with the way Doxygen changes folder structures between builds.
> Since we would be checking this into git (see:
> gitbook/TianoCore-Docs), it would cause a lot of git history
> thrashing. Mike has found ways around this, however we want to be sure
> that searching (particularly across packages) would be possible before
> we go down this road.

I should clarify that I don't mind hosting the doxygen docs: there seems
to be a move to have this sort of thing hosted on well-known cloud
services though, which is why I raised it.

I'm not sure gitbooks is the ideal solution, given that we'd likely lose
the current flexible search capability (e.g. see
https://code.bluestop.org/edk2/docs/doxygensearch.png), and possibly the
ability to cross-link the source code too?

I had a look at the directory structure my doxygen configuration is
generating, and it doesn't have any sub-directories at all: all 27,783
files (229 MB) for the github master docs are in the top-level directory.

--
Rebecca Cran