Hi Michael,

I'm not sure that I agree with your last statement.  The says that
HardwareInstance is "Only present in version 3 or higher" in reference to the
EFI_FIRMWARE_IMAGE_DESCRIPTOR.  Isn't that the point of the DescriptorVersion
parameter in FMP.GetImageInfo?  To know if that field is event valid or not.
The function in question even looks at this passed in FW image descriptor
version (though the parameter is called FmpVersion).  The code just sets it to
0 if the FmpVersion is < 3.  If one or more devices producing FMPs in the
system do not support FW image descriptor 3 or later, then this will cause an
ASSERT.

Thanks,
SWig