发件人: devel@edk2.groups.io <devel@edk2.groups.io> 代表 Laszlo Ersek
发送时间: 2020年3月23日 21:22
收件人: devel@edk2.groups.io; Tiger Liu(BJ-RD) <tiger...@zhaoxin.com>
主题: Re: [edk2-devel] Questions about UEFI MAT / PcdPropertiesTableEnable

On 03/17/20 10:27, Tiger Liu(BJ-RD) wrote:
> Hi, Experts:
> I have a question about UEFI MAT / PcdPropertiesTableEnable.
> Device protection in Windows Security, standard hardware security requirement
> is described as below:
> TPM 2.0
> Secure Boot Enabled
> DEP
> UEFI MAT
>
> And UEFI MAT feature is related with PcdPropertiesTableEnable.
>
> But I found the newest UDK kernel, this PCD is still set with FALSE.
>
> So, is there any concerns if setting its default value as TRUE.

The properties table should not be used. It has been superseded by the memory
attributes table, per spec.

In edk2, the properties table is controlled by the PCD, regardless of the
memory attributes table.

In edk2, the memory attributes table is always produced, regardless of the
properties table.

Please see the discussion under:

[edk2] [patch 0/7] Add UEFI2.6 MemoryAttributesTable support.
http://mid.mail-archive.com/1454069539-4056-1-git-send-email-jiewen.yao@intel.com

Thanks
Laszlo

保密声明:
本邮件含有保密或专有信息,仅供指定收件人使用。严禁对本邮件或其内容做任何未经授权的查阅、使用、复制或转发。
CONFIDENTIAL NOTE:
This email contains confidential or legally privileged information and is for
the sole use of its intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use, copying
or forwarding of this email or the content of this email is strictly prohibited.