On 4/29/20 9:53 PM, Leif Lindholm wrote:
On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 19:51:12 +0200, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
On 4/29/20 6:36 PM, Leif Lindholm wrote:
We keep seeing new users (and copies) of EmbeddedPkg:s MmcDxe, which
while it predates the MdeModulePkg SD/(E)MMCsupport is in effect
unmaintained and also duplicates core industry standard definitions.

Since we now have GetMaintainers.py to parse Maintainers.txt for us,
extend its functionality to warn about less supported code.

Then as an indication of its unsuitability for reference (or use), set
its Status flag in Maintainers.txt to Obsolete.

Once this is done, follow up and do the same with the hardware drivers
(not the software ones) still left in EmbeddedPkg/Drivers. They were
added back when not using the UEFI driver model was still cool, or
simply before edk2-platforms existed.
They should move to edk2-platforms, but most of them require some
level of rewriting before that.

1/3 adds a warning printout to GetMaintainer.py

2/3 obsoletes EmbeddedPkg/Universal/MmcDxe/

3/3 obsoletes remaining hw drivers in EmbeddedPkg/Drivers