On 16/06/20 20:42, Laszlo Ersek wrote:
> (Hmmm... maybe the hypervisor *has* to queue the timer interrupts,
> otherwise some of them would simply be lost, and the guest would lose
> track of time.)

Yes, there are various kinds of coalescing of interrupts that
hypervisors perform to help the guest keep track of time.  This is
especially true of the PIT and RTC; newer OSes track time directly from
the TSC, the HPET or the APIC timer so they tolerate lost ticks much better.

That said, Igor's patch seems correct to me.  In fact, I'd even move
DisableInterrupts before gBS->RestoreTPL unless there's a good reason
not to do so.

Paolo