On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 11:50:27 +0100, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 at 22:46, Leif Lindholm <l...@nuviainc.com> wrote:
> >
> > *How* annoying was this?
> >
> > This is kind of useful information, well at the "would be good to see
> > in a regular DEBUG build" level.
> >
> > This change will have suddenly effectively hidden a message that was
> > already present in many platforms, where they were not (very) annoyingly
> > repetitive during a normal boot.
> >
> > It feels the test suite is not the thing that we need to optimise
> > debug output for.
> >
> > Is there some alternative way we can rate limit this?
>
> Given that the sole purpose of this library is to paper over the fact
> that the platform violates the spec, and lacks the ability to tell
> time, I think it makes little sense to obsess over how wrong the value
> is that it returns.

I'm not obsessing about anything, I'm saying that using tediousness
when running a testsuite as an argument, potential issues with the
only aspect that makes this implementation useful without having to
rebuild firmware every few weeks are now hidden.

If we truly don't care about the feature, nuke it. Don't hide when it
breaks.

/
    Leif