Hi Rebecca,

It does not push to gitbook server.  It is pushed to web pages hosted by GitHub.

It uses gitbook tools to process MD files into published PDF, MOBI, HTML.

For example, the EDK II Build Specification has repo in GitHub:

    https://github.com/tianocore-docs/edk2-BuildSpecification

And the HTML version of the draft revision of this spec is published here:

    https://tianocore-docs.github.io/edk2-BuildSpecification/draft/

These are the web pages associated with tianocore-docs org.

Thanks,

Mike