Hi all,
I'm Benjamin Doron. Last year, I worked on a board port to MinPlatform.
This year, I hope to pick up where I left off and help improve MinPlatform
by adding support for S3 resume (time permitting and if my skills are
sufficient, etc). Previously, I worked a little on coreboot (mainly a board
port), and a fork with some improvements for UefiPayloadPkg.

I'm a little apprehensive reading the task proposal, but I really don't
think that I would have to design the S3 architecture; the easiest part is
adding the module stack. It's some of the deviations from the regular
boot-flow in related areas like memory and CPU init (complicated by
preparing the data structures and the adjacent FSP) that I have to worry
about, as I understand (which I began looking at last year and discussed
with Nate and Michael).

Before, code analysis gave me some hints and I found issues to address, but
I want to consider actual possibilities for debugging. I've looked at the
S3 boot-flow and from early PEI to the S3Resume2 PPI, the boot script and
SMM, there are a lot of things to verify. Analysing code at each step to
resolve issues might take a while. Some ideas I had:

   - Realistically, the SPI flash console or an accessible serial port.
   - Simics, or other simulator/emulator: Would be helpful, if the
   architecture of SimicsOpenBoardPkg weren't so different from MinPlatform.
   - System debug with DCI: Would be great, but my laptop has disconnected
   CPU<->PCH JTAG pins. Fixing this would presumably be very risky. (I now
   also have a Tigerlake system, where DCI might work, but I haven't tried and
   I don't have a port yet.)

I should mention that I'll almost certainly be taking at least one course,
but no more than two.

Looking forward to working with you all!

Best regards,
Benjamin