On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 03:32:36PM +0300, Dov Murik wrote:
> Thanks Gerd for reviewing.
>
> On 29/03/2022 14:36, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 28, 2022 at 06:45:29PM +0000, Dov Murik wrote:
> >> Reorder the pages in the MEMFD section of AmdSevX64.fdf so that it
> >> matches the same order used in OvmfPkgX64.fdf.
> >
> > Makes sense.
> >
> > Acked-by: Gerd Hoffmann <kra...@redhat.com>
>
> Thanks.
>

> > Maybe also move this to a common include file, so it is less likely that
> > they run out of sync again?
> >

> I was contemplating that, but wasn't sure (I only use OvmfPkgX64 and
> AmdSevX64 in my testing).
>
> Is it common in edk2?

We already have a few:

kraxel@sirius ~/projects/edk2 (gcc12)# ls OvmfPkg/*.fdf.inc
OvmfPkg/FvmainCompactScratchEnd.fdf.inc  OvmfPkg/OvmfTpmDxe.fdf.inc
OvmfPkg/VarStore.fdf.inc
OvmfPkg/OvmfPkgDefines.fdf.inc           OvmfPkg/OvmfTpmPei.fdf.inc
OvmfPkg/XenElfHeader.fdf.inc

> Would it apply to other OvmfPkg targets? I see similar MEMFD in
> CloudHvX64.fdf .

I'd create one for the confidential computing memory areas,
that would only affect the builds which support SEV (and soon TDX).

Not sure about CloudHvX64.fdf, as far I know it does not support
SEV/TDX, maybe those antries are only there because they have been
copied over from OvmfPkgX64.fdf

take care,
  Gerd