[AMD Official Use Only - General]

Hi all,
In order to having the full edk2 driver stack for the server manageability, we
are going to propose a new package ManageabilityPkg under
edk2-platforms/Features. We would like to have a package that can provide a
simple framework to flexibly accommodate the manageability feature driver (e.g.
PLDM, IPMI, Redfish), Protocol driver instance (e.g. MCTP) and transport
implementation (e.g. KCS/I2C/PCIe VDM) for the server management. Below are the
steps we would take for this work,

  1.  The first step we would take is to move IpmiFeaturePkg out of
edk2-platforms/Features/Intel/OutOfBandManagement/. Thus the IpmiFeaturePkg can
be referred by the edk2 driver (e.g., Modules under RedfishPkg) without the
Intel folder in the INF package section or add edk2-platforms/Features/Intel to
the PACKAGES_PATH for the build (add edk2-platforms/Features to packages path
is still required). We will take care of the backward compatibility issues of
IpmiFeaturePkg relocation, however we can only cover the build issues in the
scope of edk2-platforms repo.
  2.  After this we will abstract the transport implementation from  IPMI
Transport protocol, so the IPMI protocol can flexibly  incorporate with other
transport implementations.
  3.  Add IPMI feature driver/library (e.g. IPMI Redfish bootstrap account
Credential)
  4.  Add MCTP and PLDM driver stack with the same concept as IpmiFeaturePkg

Any recommendations to this work?
Thanks
Abner