From: Pedro Falcato <pedro.falc...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2022 10:09 PM
To: devel@edk2.groups.io; Lin, JackX <jackx....@intel.com>
Cc: Chiu, Chasel <chasel.c...@intel.com>; Desimone, Nathaniel L
<nathaniel.l.desim...@intel.com>; Oram, Isaac W <isaac.w.o...@intel.com>; Gao,
Liming <gaolim...@byosoft.com.cn>; Dong, Eric <eric.d...@intel.com>; Kuo,
Donald <donald....@intel.com>; Kumar, Chandana C <chandana.c.ku...@intel.com>
Subject: Re: [edk2-devel] [edk2-platforms: PATCH] BIOS needs to present cores
in order of relative performance in MADT

On Thu, Nov 17, 2022 at 6:01 AM JackX Lin
<jackx....@intel.com<mailto:jackx....@intel.com>> wrote:
BIOS should keep MADT ordering by big core first then small core

Hi Jack,

Can you please elaborate why this is required? AFAIK nowhere in the ACPI spec
does it say you need to order by big-little cores.
Is this some sort of regression for a specific OS? A useful commit message
and/or some comments would be really useful here for posterity.

Thanks,
Pedro Falcato