On Tue, Nov 22, 2022 at 1:10 PM Jason A. Donenfeld <ja...@zx2c4.com> wrote:

> Yes. If what you say is true, this should be fixed asap. Do you intend
> to send a patch?

I have sent out a patch (https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/96552)
fixing the CPUID checks with a naive attempt to sniff out RDRAND issues.
Your Linux snippet is probably better but I couldn't look at it due to
licensing concerns.

To point out again, this is already hooked up to baremetal firmware.
> So if you see issues that are worth fixing, fix them, but it shouldn't
> hold up Ard's patchset.

"Real firmware" is frequently not a shining example of quality :) They can
also more or less know what CPUs the fw will run on, but OVMF runs mostly
everywhere.

In any case, I've sent out a patch (hopefully) fixing these issues. It
should be trivial enough to review and apply so that Ard's patch doesn't
get held up.
I think it's best to apply this only after my patch gets merged (in order
to avoid weird breakage between commits) but that's up to the OVMF
maintainers to decide.

Pedro