On 08/02/2023 09:55, Alireza Banejad wrote:
As my previous email, I mentioned that I am able to find the protocol since the LocateProtocol returns 0 (EFI_SUCCESS) (using the exact code you wrote) . But when I want to open it either with OpenProtocol or HandleProtocol I get a RETURN_UNSUPPORTED. Are you implying that by calling LocateProtocol() the protocol would also be opened?

LocateProtocol() gives you back a pointer to the protocol instance. There is no need for a separate "open" action: you can just immediately use the protocol instance that LocateProtocol() returns to you.

Michael