> +  } else if ((PcdGet32 (PcdCpuBootLogicalProcessorNumber) > 0) &&
> +             (PcdGet32 (PcdCpuMaxLogicalProcessorNumber) > 255))
> +  {
> +    X2Apic = TRUE;

Gerd,
I agree with your needs that want X2 APIC even the actual processor number in
BIOS phase <= 255.

Question: Is it possible that BIOS stays at XAPIC, and later OS switches to X2
APIC when the maximum CPU count > 255?

I am thinking about adding a new PCD to tell MP code switch to x2 apic in the
first time AP wakes up. Possible timeline for the code change is
about within 1 month. Do you think it can meet your needs?

Thanks,
Ray