> +DEFINE GCCNOLTO_IA32_PREFIX    = ENV(GCCNOLTO_BIN)
> +DEFINE GCCNOLTO_X64_PREFIX     = ENV(GCCNOLTO_BIN)
> +
>  DEFINE GCC5_IA32_PREFIX        = ENV(GCC5_BIN)
>  DEFINE GCC5_X64_PREFIX         = ENV(GCC5_BIN)
> +DEFINE GCC_IA32_PREFIX         = ENV(GCC_BIN)
> +DEFINE GCC_X64_PREFIX          = ENV(GCC_BIN)

Does it make sense to have a separate prefix for each gcc variant?

I guess it makes sense for the existing GCC5 and GCC4x configs for
backward compatibility reasons, but for the new GCC / GCCNOLTO variants
not so much.

Trying to build ia32 ovmf with clang (15) and openssl fails btw:

ld.lld: error: undefined symbol: __lshrdi3

But I guess that isn't something new introduced by this series.

take care,
  Gerd