Hi,
I wanted to revisit this thread and I am maintaining the context as there are a
lot of details already mentioned here regarding EFI_MEMORY_SP.
Other than what has been addressed here, we also would like to have an option
in edk2 to *avoid* using this type of memory for its own purposes. This seems
like one of the motivations for original request and is being honored by OS
today but not edk2 as it does not have any specific implementation today which
takes this attribute into consideration.
I would like to add PCD based implementation which informs edk2 NOT to use this
memory for its own purposes and leave it alone (as still available memory to
OS).

Specific-purpose memory (SPM). The memory is earmarked for
specific purposes such as for specific device drivers or applications.
The SPM attribute serves as a hint to the OS to avoid allocating this
memory for core OS data or code that can not be relocated.
Prolonged use of this memory for purposes other than the intended
purpose may result in suboptimal platform performance.

Some more context:
https://lwn.net/Articles/784971/