From: devel@edk2.groups.io <devel@edk2.groups.io> On Behalf Of duntan
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2023 5:40 PM
To: devel@edk2.groups.io
Subject: [edk2-devel] [Patch V2 0/3] Move gMpInformationHobGuid from
StandaloneMmPkg to UefiCpuPkg.

In the V2 patch set: Added more comments in the new MpInformation.h to document
that some fields in this HOB may be invalidated.

Move gMpInformationHobGuid from StandaloneMmPkg to UefiCpuPkg.

Previously, the HOB is defined, created and consumed only in StandaloneMmPkg.
The HOB contains the number of processors and EFI_PROCESSOR_INFORMATION
structure. This is the same as the information that PiSmmCpuDxeSmm uses
EfiMpServiceProtocolGuid to get.

The incoming plan is to create gMpInformationHobGuid for both StandaloneMm and
legacy DXE_SMM in early phase(for example in CpuMpPei). Then PiSmmCpuDxeSmm can
consume the hob, which can simplify code logic in PiSmmCpuDxeSmm driver.

So move this HOB definition to UefiCpuPkg in this patch series.

Dun Tan (3):
  UefiCpuPkg: Create MpInformation.h in UefiCpuPkg
  StandaloneMmPkg:Add UefiCpuPkg.dec in DependencyCheck
  StandaloneMmPkg:Remove MpInformation.h

 StandaloneMmPkg/Drivers/StandaloneMmCpu/StandaloneMmCpu.inf
   | 1 +

StandaloneMmPkg/Library/StandaloneMmCoreEntryPoint/StandaloneMmCoreEntryPoint.inf
 | 1 +
 StandaloneMmPkg/StandaloneMmPkg.ci.yaml
   | 3 ++-
 StandaloneMmPkg/StandaloneMmPkg.dec
   | 1 -
 {StandaloneMmPkg => UefiCpuPkg}/Include/Guid/MpInformation.h
   | 6 +++++-
 UefiCpuPkg/UefiCpuPkg.dec
   | 3 +++
 6 files changed, 12 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)  rename {StandaloneMmPkg =>
UefiCpuPkg}/Include/Guid/MpInformation.h (71%)

--
2.31.1.windows.1