On Tue, 5 Dec 2023 at 10:56, Marcin Juszkiewicz
<marcin.juszkiew...@linaro.org> wrote:

> I use 'sbsa-ref' with QEMU and upstream EDK2. And cannot use either RHEL
> 9.3 nor CentOS Stream 9 installers because they hang.
>
> And this is not the only platform where upstream EDK2 is used.
>
> Sure, I can hack something, use Grub from Debian or Fedora and get
> things working but that's not solution.
>
> Adding flags in 'Broken OS support' section of EDK2 settings feels like
> bad idea. Especially when EFI app generating issues is developed by
> company known for FOSS work.

Thanks Marcin - I agree that other EDK2 users are equally affected.

However, I strongly feel that it is up to the distros to clean up this
mess - please go and complain internally at RedHat about this.

In the mean time, there are end users of QEMU + edk2 on macOS (among
other places) whose stuff gets broken if they update their packages.
For these use cases in particular, I am willing to make an exception,
and implement this escape hatch.