On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 at 15:20, Laszlo Ersek <ler...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 2/15/24 14:45, Rebecca Cran wrote:
> > On 2/15/2024 4:28 AM, Laszlo Ersek wrote:
> >> mail-archive.com is an important secondary archive because it offers
> >> message-id-based lookup. "git am --message-id" captures patch email
> >> message IDs in the commit messages, and then those can be used for
> >> locating the related review discussion in the archive.
> >
> > Similarly, I've been running an public-inbox instance at
> > https://openfw.io/edk2-devel/ for a while.
>
> Awesome, thanks!
>
> (And sorry that I've been unware -- you may have mentioned this
> explicitly before, and now that I search my mailbox for
> "openfw.io/edk2-devel", there is a bunch of hits!)

I have been using that, plus b4 and the 'script' below with reasonable
success to apply patches from the list (passing the mbox link on the
command line)

CR-LF handling remains tricky: when the transfer encoding is set
correctly, running 'todos' on the entire mbx file usually works, but
otherwise, I need to use git am with --ignore-whitespace, and fix up
the line endings for all the files that were touched by the series.

$ cat ~/bin/edk2b4
#!/bin/sh

curl -o - "$@" | gzip -dc | b4 am -t -m -