He Gerd,

Thanks,
Chao
On 2024/3/19 16:03, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
   Hi,

I can't tell the implementation scheme of the current lib and existing
lib implementation scheme which one is better, Could you give we some
advice?
I'd suggest to merge your code as OvmfPkg/Library/FdtNorFlashQemuLib as
it is not really loongarch-specific.

If you want try switch aarch64 to use the same code that'll be great,
but sorting that out later is also fine with me.
If you think this design is looks better, then I'm prepare to commit this
change under the OvmfPkg/Library as a public library. And I will enable it
in aarch64 after merging this change, because I think it may be tweaked and
validated in aarch64 for many platforms. Do you think that is good?
The VirtNorFlashDxe is optimized for qemu-emulated pflash.  It tries to
avoid switching between read and write mode much, because that operation
has a significant overhead in virtualization.  So it's really only used
by ArmVirtPkg and not lots of other arm platforms.

Doing it separate from this patch series makes sense nevertheless.

Speaking of this series: maybe split it into two?  The first part
of this series with the Mde*Pkg + UefiPkg changes looks almost ready
to merge to me, so maybe we can get that in while still sorting out
the remaining issues in the OvmfPkg patches ...

This series does not include changes to Mde*Pkg , so if the patches are separated, I think it might be two series, one is the UefiCpuPkg series, and other is OvmfPkg. Just like you saied, if this series is split into two, and the series 1 finds some bugs when we sorting out the OvmfPkg, then we have to submit other pathes to fix them.

So what do you think? I think each plan has it's own benefits. I tend to split patches into two series.

take care,
   Gerd