Mike:

  Thanks for your comments. I update the status below.

Thanks

Liming

发件人: Kinney, Michael D <michael.d.kin...@intel.com>
发送时间: 2024年5月15日 0:35
收件人: gaoliming <gaolim...@byosoft.com.cn>; devel@edk2.groups.io; 'Andrew Fish'
<af...@apple.com>; 'Leif Lindholm' <quic_llind...@quicinc.com>
抄送: 'Ard Biesheuvel' <a...@kernel.org>; sam.kay...@arm.com;
dougfl...@microsoft.com; Mathews, John <john.math...@intel.com>; Hou, Wenxing
<wenxing....@intel.com>; Li, Yi1 <yi1...@intel.com>; Yao, Jiewen
<jiewen....@intel.com>; Kinney, Michael D <michael.d.kin...@intel.com>
主题: RE: [edk2-devel] Soft Feature Freeze starts now for edk2-stable202405

Hi Liming,

My responses below in [Mike].

Mike

From: gaoliming <gaolim...@byosoft.com.cn <mailto:gaolim...@byosoft.com.cn> >
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2024 8:29 AM
To: devel@edk2.groups.io <mailto:devel@edk2.groups.io> ; Kinney, Michael D
<michael.d.kin...@intel.com <mailto:michael.d.kin...@intel.com> >; 'Andrew
Fish' <af...@apple.com <mailto:af...@apple.com> >; 'Leif Lindholm'
<quic_llind...@quicinc.com <mailto:quic_llind...@quicinc.com> >
Cc: 'Ard Biesheuvel' <a...@kernel.org <mailto:a...@kernel.org> >;
sam.kay...@arm.com <mailto:sam.kay...@arm.com> ; dougfl...@microsoft.com
<mailto:dougfl...@microsoft.com> ; Mathews, John <john.math...@intel.com
<mailto:john.math...@intel.com> >; Hou, Wenxing <wenxing....@intel.com
<mailto:wenxing....@intel.com> >

Stewards:

  Now, there are several patches to catch this table tag. Could you give the
comments for them?

1.      Adding support for verbose UEFI Table dumping to Dmem.c
(https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/118582)

[Liming] This patch set has been reviewed before soft feature freeze. It plans
to catch this stable tag.

[Mike] I see this PR: https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/pull/5653 that is not
passing CI and appears it will require additional code changes

[Mike] Reject for edk2-stable202405

2.  MdePkg/BaseLib: Fix AARCH64 compilation error
(https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/118690)

[Liming] This bug fix is reviewed in soft feature freeze phase. It plans to
catch this stable tag.

[Mike] Approved for edk2-stable202405

[Liming] I add push label for https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/pull/5642

3.  MdeModulePkg: Potential UINT32 overflow in S3 ResumeCount
(https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/118745)

[Liming] This security fix is reviewed in soft feature freeze phase. It plans
to catch this stable tag.

[Mike] Approved for edk2-stable202405

[Liming] I add push label for https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/pull/5659

4.  NetworkPkg: CVE-2023-45236 and CVE-2023-45237
(https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/118768)

[Liming] This security fix is still under code review. It plans to catch this
stable tag.

[Mike] Is the code review complete?  Is there a link to the PR?

[Liming] NetworkPkg reviewer will review this patch set this week.

Thanks

5.  Add more crypt APIs based on Mbedtls
(https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/118772)

[Liming] This patch set passes code review in soft feature freeze phase. It
plans to catch this stable tag.

[Mike] This patch series uses ‘..’ in INF to access source files in another
component.  This is not legal.  I am surprised this was not caught in code
review.

DEFINE OPENSSL_PATH            = ../OpensslLib/openssl

DEFINE BASE_CRYPT_PATH         = ../BaseCryptLib

[Mike] I see a reference to some “platform integration” testing.  Given that
this patch series implements a number of

crypto service APIs and is a large number of new lines of code, it would be
good to know if all of the newly added APIs

were tested in a platform integration. A table of the added APIs and the
platform integration test status would be good to

know if there was any functional testing of each API.  If there are APIs that
are not covered by any platform integration

testing, then I would be concerned with such a large change with limited
testing.

Thanks

Liming