On 30/05/2024 10:31, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
On Thu, May 30, 2024 at 01:07:45PM GMT, gaoliming via groups.io wrote:
If ASSERT trigs the exception, could call stack show each caller?

Turned out to be ipxe, apparently it has a exit-boot-services handler
which triggers all this.

iPXE shouldn't be triggering any protocol installations in response to ExitBootServices.

We used to make a good-faith effort to clean up gracefully by uninstalling protocols. This ended up exposing so many bugs in EDK2 and third-party UEFI code (where the uninstallation paths seem to almost never be tested) that we eventually gave up. As of commit https://github.com/ipxe/ipxe/commit/6769a7c3c, we now deliberately leak resources once ExitBootServices has been triggered by skipping the cleanup calls to UninstallMultipleProtocolInterfaces etc.

Do you have any more details of the behaviour that you're observing?

Thanks,

Michael